112. Understanding Your Internal Communication System
"When you connect to your felt sense, you are going to discover a very rich world." says Alejandra Siroka.
In this episode of Language Alchemy, host and transformative communication coach Alejandra delves into the importance of reconnecting with your internal communication system, which often gets lost as we grow and are socialized. She emphasizes the vital role this system plays in both authentic communication and self-awareness.
Picture yourself as a baby – you didn't have language, but you had an internal communication system that let you know when you were hungry, tired, or needed comfort. You communicated these needs through sensations in your body and sounds like crying and caregivers responded to these cues, meeting your needs. But as we grow up Alejandra explains that, we shift our focus to our thinking minds, and we lose touch with this internal communication system. But it's still there, sending signals through physical sensations. And learning to reconnect with it is key to authentic communication and enriching our relationships.
Through self-reflection, you can tap into your internal communication system, enhance your self-awareness, and learn the language of your feelings and sensations.
• "When we engage in self-reflection, we get to look at how we have been communicating, how things are solved. And then we get to reflect on whether we want to continue communicating the way we've been doing it or whether we want to communicate differently. It is through self-reflection that we also get to connect to our deepest longings of our heart so that later on we can direct our attention to taking the necessary actions to communicate in a way that truly represents the mature conscious adult we are and be able to fulfill those deep longings." (02:04 | Alejandra Siroka)
• "If you want to communicate authentically, you can't just do it with your thinking mind or simply by using techniques to communicate effectively. Why? Because when you do that, you are missing a huge amount of valuable information." (14:50 | Alejandra Siroka)
• "To reconnect to your internal communication system, you need to become aware of your felt sense, your physical body sensations." (17:05 | Alejandra Siroka)
• "When you connect to your felt sense, you are going to discover a very rich world." (19:28 | Alejandra Siroka)
• "Take a moment. Notice what are you sensing right now? What is present in your body as you are listening? What are you experiencing right now? And if you ask yourself these questions at least three times a day, you'd be on your way to reconnecting with your internal communication system and getting closer and closer to expressing yourself authentically, with clarity, with confidence, and with compassion." (21:06 | Alejandra Siroka)
To join the Language Alchemy mailing list, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com
To ask questions you'd like Alejandra to answer in the podcast, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/podcastquestion
To find out about 1:1 transformative communication coaching with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/oneonone
To find out about couple transformative communication coaching with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/couples
To schedule a reduced-rate coaching consultation with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/newclient
To follow Alejandra on instagram follow @languagealchemy
Podcast Music composed by Gary Lapow: open.spotify.com/artist/1HlMhcNfKIELxYil5mVqD