96. Need Inspiration?
“Living a committed life is not easy, but it is so rewarding,” shares host Alejandra. Recently, Alejandra was inspired by the messages in Lynne Twist’s new book, Living A Committed Life: Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself. Today, she discusses how transforming your language can help you to transform how you live your life as well as eight steps you can take to create a more committed life.
In order to commit to something greater than yourself, it is important to first determine your values. Once you are clear on what your values are, you can begin to transform your mindset through conscious communication. When you transform your language and learn to really listen, you will be able to create healthier relationships with others and form an ecosystem of support around your commitments. Although your transformation process may take a long time, try to stay committed to the long game and dream big.
Commitments lead to liberation. Once you take a stand for your values and commit to something greater than yourself, your mindset will start to shift and true transformation can occur.
• “Transforming your language helps you transform how you live your life.” (8:49-8:53 | Alejandra)
• “Transformation is a complete and total shift in the nature and dynamics of what's happening. When you set out to make a change in the world, you respond or react to what currently exists, so your goal is to make it less, more different or better. Transformation creates something anew." (9:31-9:57 | Alejandra reading from Lynne’s book)
• “Language alchemy is evolutionary activism.” (13:37-13:41 | Alejandra)
• “Transforming your language and learning to listen is how you transform the context, your mindset, and how you learn to trust in your capacity to take action. It's also how you learn to relate to others in a healthy way so that together, you can create a healthy ecosystem of collaborators.” (18:18-18:40 | Alejandra)
• “Living a committed life is not easy, but it is so rewarding.” (18:45-18:50 | Alejandra)
To purchase Lynne Twist book: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/710112/living-a-committed-life-by-lynne-twist/
To join the mailing list, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com
To ask questions you'd like Alejandra to answer in the podcast, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/podcastquestion
To find out about 1:1 transformative communication coaching with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/oneonone
To find out about couple transformative communication coaching with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/couples
To schedule a reduced-rate coaching consultation with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/newclient
To follow Alejandra on instagram follow @languagealchemy
Podcast Music composed by Gary Lapow: open.spotify.com/artist/1HlMhcNfKIELxYil5mVqD