69. Your Self Talk
“Once you know what you say to yourself, you get to decide whether you want to keep saying this to yourself,” explains host Alejandra. Our inner critic and self-talk affect how we view ourselves and how we interact with others. Today, Alejandra gives tips on becoming more mindful about our internal dialogue to live a more fulfilling life.
Whether we realize it or not, our self-talk influences our daily decisions, interactions, and physical body. Negative thoughts about ourselves can lead to self-fulfilling prophecies that reflect our worst fears. If we become more self-aware of how we speak to ourselves, we can alter our outlook and form authentic, positive self-expression.
How you talk about yourself affects your relationship with the world around you. Learn more about morning and night mantras, evaluating your internal dialogue, and creating positive daily rituals.
• “The way you talk to yourself does influence your interactions with others. But it also influences your mood, your decisions, your choices, your growth, your energy, your nervous system, your digestive system, in essence, your whole life.” (3:12-3:32 | Alejandra)
• “I don't teach my communication students or clients affirmations that someone else came up with. I teach the wonderful people I support to find their authentic expression.” (7:46-7:57 | Alejandra)
• “The more you listen to your internal dialogue, the more you'll pay attention to it, the more you will notice how it affects you, how it impacts your choices, how it influences your decisions, and how it influences your life.” (9:23-9:38 | Alejandra)
• “I love talking about communication and what we experience when we communicate consciously.” (9:43-9:49 | Alejandra)
• “Once you know what you say to yourself, you get to decide whether you want to keep saying this to yourself or whether there are other messages that you would like to give yourself that would be more supportive, more loving, or more respectful of you.” (13:28-13:45| Alejandra)
To take the What's Your Most Self-sabotaging Communication Habit quiz, visit: languagealchemy.com/quiz
To ask a question or request a topic, visit: languagealchemy.com/podcastquestion
To join the mailing list and view show notes, visit: languagealchemy.com
Podcast Music composed by Gary Lapow: open.spotify.com/artist/1HlMhcNfKIELxYil5mVqDI