82. How to Maintain a Loving and Thriving Long-term Relationship
“The greatest secret to maintaining a loving and thriving long term relationship is to commit to communicating lovingly every single day, regardless of whether things are easy or hard,” explains host Alejandra. It is easy to maintain a loving long-term relationship when things are going well. It can be more difficult to express love and affection for our chosen life partner when things start to go south. Today, Alejandra discusses how to maintain loving and nourishing long-term relationships.
You already know how to express love and communicate lovingly when everything is going well in your life. The harder part is to keep communicating lovingly and patiently even when things get tough. Remember that you chose your partner for a reason. If you are beginning to see your partner as a challenge or obstacle it will be harder for you to maintain a healthy, loving connection with them.
The secret to a healthy, thriving long-term relationship is daily loving communication. Make sure that you are committing to communicating from a place of love for your partner regardless of whether things are easy or hard.
• “You have all it takes to develop and maintain a loving and fulfilling long lasting relationship.” (3:39-3:47 | Alejandra)
• “It's easy to express love, care, affection, when things are going well.” (6:44-6:50 | Alejandra)
• “When we perceive that things are not going well, and we start to experience our partner as a challenge as an obstacle, there's a part of us that forgets our choice. And unless we address what's happening within us, we start to relate to our partner as a challenge or as an obstacle.” (10:37-10:56 | Alejandra)
• “If you want to have a conscious, loving, long term relationship, my message to you today is that you need to learn to express love and communicate lovingly. Not only when things are easy, but especially when things are challenging. When things are hard, you need to remember that you have the natural ability to express love and communicate lovingly. You need to remember that this is part of your nature, and that your ability to express love or communicate lovingly doesn't depend on whether things are going well or not.” (13:43-14:23 | Alejandra)
• “The greatest secret to maintaining a loving and thriving long term relationship is to commit to communicating lovingly every single day, regardless of whether things are easy or hard.” (15:51-16:05 | Alejandra)
To schedule a 75-minute reduced rate consultation with Alejandra, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com
To join the mailing list, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com
To ask questions you'd like Alejandra to answer in the podcast, visit: https://www.languagealchemy.com/podcastquestion
Podcast Music composed by Gary Lapow: